Singer legacy se300 review & Buying Guide
Are you searching for a well-designed sewing machine with embroidery features and many accessories? Well, Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is that kind of option! Singer legacy se300 Review & Buying Guide
The Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine comes with a wide array of features typical of all Singer devices. For example, you will get a foot pedal, an embroidery snap-on base, 2 hoops, a vast assortment of feet, needles, and several other accessories to suit your needs and expectations.
If you consider its costs, you might think that Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is the best and not worth the trouble. But from my experience, this machine is one of the best due to its reliable design and numerous features and accessories.
It comes with 10 feet and 2 embroidery hoops and a sturdy design. You will mostly see it’s very straightforward, so you won’t have trouble using this sewing machine immediately.
It is an excellent choice for beginners, but you will need to study the instructions manual if you don’t have any sewing experience. It comes with a bit of a learning curve. But as soon as you understand how it works, it is easy to navigate its numerous features.
The singer does not skimp on what comes with this machine. E.g. it comes with a foot pedal, plus the embroidery snap-on base, 2 hoops, a large assortment of feet, and needles.
There are some machines out there for a few hundred dollars less that still require you to buy some of the extras as accessories included with this one. The manual is very detailed. It can help you set up the machine, use it, and even perform some troubleshooting.
You should also know that this is a large machine and will require some extra space. Also, it might be challenging to use the needle threader, even though it was designed professionally.
There is one notable downside you should consider before purchasing Singer SE300. You will see that this highly computerized machine can’t be looked at as an old-school one. So, there is a significant thread breakage issue you might experience. The thread might break and clog the path, leading to bobbin issues. It will take time to discover adequate tension to prevent this problem. Also, if you ever need replacement parts, you will discover that it can be challenging to find those.
Singer legacy se300 review & Features
Singer legacy se300 Main features
- LCD Touch Screen for easy stitch and embroidery selection
- 250 Built-in Stitches
- 200 Included Embroidery Designs
- Sewing speed up to 800 stitches per minute
- Embroidery speed up to 700 stitches per minute
- 6 Embroidery Font Options for lettering and monograms
- Speed Control in both sewing and embroidery modes
- Complimentary software for extensive design editing capabilities
- USB design transfer
- Endless hoop capabilities
- Built-in needle threader
- Independent bobbin winding
- Drop feed
- Easy stitch selection and adjustments
- Speed control
- Free arm
- Table extension
- Snap-on presser feet
- Weight 20.5lb
Singer legacy se300 Specs
- Weight: 18.6 lbs.
- Dimensions: 20.2 x 8 x 12.2 inches.
- Stitches: 250 built-in stitches.
- Speed: 800 rpm.
- Computerized/Mechanic: Computerized.
- Bobbin: Drop-in bobbin.
- Warranty: 25-year warranty.
Singer legacy se300 review & Accessories
- Large Embroidery Hoop (10 1/4 in X 6 in).
- Small Embroidery Hoop (4 in X 4 in).
- All-Purpose Foot.
- Satin Stitch Foot.
- Overcasting Foot.
- Blind Hem Foot.
- Zipper Foot.
- Buttonhole Foot with Underplate.
- Straight Stitch Foot.
- Button Sewing Foot.
- Open Toe Foot.
- Embroidery Foot.
- Parallel Sewing Foot.
- Quilting Bar.
- Thread Spool Net.
- Spool Pin Felt.
- Needle Plate Screwdriver.
- Seam Ripper.
- Lint Brush.
- Thread Spool Caps.
- Auxiliary Spool Pin.
- Pack of Needles.
- USB Embroidery Stick.
Features of Singer Legacy SE300
With 250 built-in stitches, the Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine can do just about everything. It has basic stitches and decorative, zigzag, stretch, and even buttonhole stitches. Whether fixing a hem or creating a massive project, the Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine covers your needs, style, and workload.
Automatic Needle Threader
Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine includes an automatic needle threader. Once you thread the bobbin and put it into the compartment, you need only place your thread through the tension bar and down to the needle. Then draw the thread through the thread guide, lower the presser foot, lower the threader slowly, and then draw it through the guide. Push the lever as far as it will go and ensure the thread is under the hook pin. Finally, with the thread loss, swing back the lever and pull it through the needle’s eye.
LCD Touch Screen
Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine can be operated almost entirely through the LCD touchscreen. That’s where you select the stitches, the stitch width, the embroidery designs, and all other settings. You need only press the screen to select your choices – and you’re ready to go!
Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine also comes with a USB stick, allowing you to store and save designs from your computer to the machine. No need for a connecting cord; you can bring the information or pattern directly to the sewing machine. This allows you greater freedom in creating designs or utilizing the embroidery feature.
Extra Work Area
The biggest advantage of the Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is the large embroidery area on offer. You can easily accommodate large projects, thanks to the 10.25″ x 6″ embroidery area. In addition to the 10.25″ x 6″ hoop, the machine also comes with a smaller 4″ x 4″ hoop. The thread tension is automatic for optimum results. The automatic needle threader is another time-saver. There is an automatic thread cutter as well.
This sewing machine comes with three LED lights attached for those who work in dim spaces or well into the night. No need to strain your eyes, relocate your workspace, or drag extra lamps to your area; Singer has you covered.
29 Needle Positions
Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine has 29 needle positions and twin needle control. For free-motion quilting, a drop feed is also available. The extra-high presser foot lifter allows extra clearance for bulky fabrics. The Presser foot sensor ensures the presser foot is in the proper position. The built-in carry handle makes it portable. The machine is slightly on the heavier side, weighing around 18.6 pounds. The machine can be mounted into a sewing cabinet.
As I have said earlier, the best thing about Singer Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is the software package that comes with it. You can get live software updates along with advanced editing software like AutoPunch, HyperFont, and editing modules (which, when bought separately, will cost more). The machine also comes with 10 snap-on presser feet.
What we like most about Singer Legacy SE300
- There are 250 inbuilt stitches offered in the machine, which include automatic buttonholes, basic decorative stitches, satin stitches, quilting stitches, and so on
- There is even a start and stop button designed on the machine.
- The automatic needle threader features help you in putting the thread in the needle’s eye.
- The LCD screen present on the machine let you in selecting stitches according to your requirement.
- There is even a USB spot available in the machine so that you can transfer the designs which you wish into the machine.
- The embroidery areas given in the machine are 1/4 inch X 6 inches and can be used for performing big embroidery projects.
- There are various purpose presser feet are available along with the machine so that you can stitch different types of clothes without any tension or bump on them.
- The machine comes with 200 embroidery designs and 6 alphabets.
- The led light provided helps work in low light conditions.